So here I am sitting in a motorhome in San Diego California. Who knew I would be here? I didn't even know a month ago. I am already missing Hawaii A LOT, and I've only been here a couple weeks. I have just been thinking how crazy it is that you can just pick up and move, and leave everything. I bought my plane ticket for california one week before I left. I sold my car the day I left, and packed everything I owned, cleaned the house, and I was gone before I even knew it. Maybe it is better that way. I didn't have time to think about leaving, but now I am here in California, for the first time. Working at the Del Mar Fair. It has been quite the experience. I feel like I have seen every type of person that exists in the world. It's very interesting. Seeing all these people, talking to different people. It's weird how every person in the world has their own life, and their own problems, and insecurities. What if everyone in the world forgot about themselves and decided to do something nice for others? How crazy would that be. We would have world peace! Anyway.... I miss my friends. I wish I could gather them all up in one place and have a big ole rendezvous and sing songs and dance and go crazy. I can't believe how many friends I have that are now in different places.
Thanks to Aly Cat for showing me this awesome song.
Anyway, on the other end of things I listened to this really awesome talk the other day on truth and tolerance. Something I needed to hear. It was so great. Especially since I am not around a lot of people that believe the same things I do.
We should respect that everyone has the right to make their own choices.
“We must respect this God-given dignity in every human being, even in our enemies. For the goal of all human relations—whether they are religious, social, political, or economic—ought to be cooperation and mutual respect.”
And we should judge not. We can disagree with someone without being rude or offensive.
“Let us reach out to those in our community who are not of our faith. Let us be good neighbors, kind and generous and gracious. Let us be involved in good community causes. There may be situations, there will be situations, where, with serious moral issues involved, we cannot bend on matters of principle. But in such instances we can politely disagree without being disagreeable. We can acknowledge the sincerity of those whose positions we cannot accept. We can speak of principles rather than personalities.”
No comments:
Post a Comment