There are miracles all around us, happening everyday. There I was sitting at a fireside a couple weeks ago listening to Brother Chad Ford speak. He was speaking about serving others, and how it changes lives. I remember him telling us that he would pray for a name everyday, and throughout the day if he felt inspiration, or just if someone's name popped in his head, he knew that he needed to help him. He said that one day he felt the inspiration to take $200 dollars out of his bank account, and then the spirit led him to where it needed to be dropped off, little did he know, that person was having car troubles and needed exactly $200 dollars to get his car fixed. I thought that was so amazing. I wish I had money like that, to give to those in need. Little did I know, miracles happen all around us, everyday.
Today I was at school, as usual, teaching my 7th graders. I went to each lunch with the usual "old teacher" crew, and I grabbed my phone. I had 2 not just one, but TWO missed calls from my mom. My first reaction: WHAT'S WRONG! (my mom hardly every calls, only on RARE occasions) I listened to her v-mail she left, and it sounded urgent, and then I also saw a text from her. It said, "When is your graduation?" I was just thinking, oh maybe she's going to send me something, or maybe Grandma or someone was wondering, (I should've sent invitations out by now). I texted her back, and told her April 14, and then she said>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"I might be able to come."
I was ecstatic! I called her right when I got out of school, to ask her how she had enough money. However it happened I knew it was a miracle. I had already diminished all of my hopes of her coming here, so I wasn't expecting this at all. I knew she couldn't afford it. She called me later to tell me the story of what happened. She had chatted with her visiting teacher, and had told her she wished she had the money to come out to my graduation. Her visiting teacher used to be my Young Women's President, and so she knows me very well too. During their little chit chat, her visiting teacher said, I wish I had enough money to give you......The next day, which was today, somehow her visiting teacher came up with enough money, and gave it to my mom. I don't know where she got the money, but this is one of the most amazing miracles I have ever seen in my life. I AM SO EXCITED! I feel as if I want to give my whole life to service for others. I cannot imagine how happy I could make other people feel. This is one of the most Christ-like things I have seen happen in my life. I am so grateful for every good thing in my life. I am sooooooooooo grateful for VISITING TEACHERS!!!!!!!! I could not say thank you enough to this woman who is such a GREAT example in my life. I want to devote my life to serving others all the time. Which makes me wonder, why wouldn't I go on a mission? Serve the Lord, and his people for almost two years, and hopefully change many lives. There are miracles happening around us everyday, all we need to do is open our eyes.
This hymn has been stuck in my head all day. It is one of my favorites. If we thought of good things to do for people everyday, imagine how much happier not only our lives would be, but the lives of everyone we were around..
Hymns 223, Have I Done Any Good?
1. Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone’s burden been lighter today
Because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?
[Chorus]
Then wake up and do something more
Than dream of your mansion above.
Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure,
A blessing of duty and love.
2. There are chances for work all around just now,
Opportunities right in our way.
Do not let them pass by, saying, “Sometime I’ll try,”
But go and do something today.
’Tis noble of man to work and to give;
Love’s labor has merit alone.
Only he who does something helps others to live.
To God each good work will be known.
That made me cry. I'm so glad your mom can come. Love you!
ReplyDelete